Extra Editions (Part Ⅰ and Part Ⅱ)
The publication of extra editions in the Canada Gazette, Part Ⅰ and Part Ⅱ, is warranted if
- it is prescribed by statute or regulation;
- it is requested by the Clerk of the Privy Council;
- it is requested by the Governor General, the House of Commons or the Senate;
- it prevents substantial damage to the Crown;
- it prevents danger to public and/or national health and safety;
- it protects public and/or national health and welfare;
- it protects public and/or national security; and
- it presents emergency legislation.
Criteria No. 4 to 8 must be substantiated in writing by an official who has the authority to speak for, or on behalf of, the Minister responsible for the requesting department or agency.
Part Ⅰ extra editions cannot be published on the same date as a regular Part Ⅰ issue (every Saturday).
Part Ⅱ extra editions cannot be published on the same date as a regular Part Ⅱ issue (every other Wednesday).
Extra editions are not published on a Sunday.
Due to the urgency to publish on short notice, $75.00 will be added to the regular insertion rate.
- Date modified: