Vol. 145, No. 27 — July 2, 2011
ARCHIVED — Oath or Solemn Affirmation of Office Rules (Immigration and Refugee Board)
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Sponsoring department and agency
Department of Citizenship and Immigration and Immigration and Refugee Board
For the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement, see the Refugee Protection Division Rules.
Notice is hereby given that the Chairperson of the Immigration and Refugee Board, pursuant to subsection 161(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (see footnote a), and subject to the approval of the Governor in Council, in consultation with the Deputy Chairpersons and the Director General of the Immigration Division, proposes to make the annexed Oath or Solemn Affirmation of Office Rules (Immigration and Refugee Board).
Interested persons may make representations concerning the proposed Rules within 30 days after the date of publication of this notice. All such representations must cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, and the date of publication of this notice, and be addressed to Sylvia Cox-Duquette, Senior General Counsel, Immigration and Refugee Board, 344 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K1 (fax: 613-995-2355; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ottawa, June 23, 2011
Assistant Clerk of the Privy Council
OATH OR SOLEMN AFFIRMATION OF OFFICE RULES (IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE BOARD)
OATH OR SOLEMN AFFIRMATION OF OFFICE
Text of the oath or affirmation
1. The oath or solemn affirmation of office to be taken by the Chairperson and other members of the Immigration and Refugee Board under section 152.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act is to be in the following form:
I, ___________, do swear (or solemnly affirm) that
- (a) I will, during the term of my appointment, and any re-appointments, faithfully, impartially and to the best of my knowledge and ability, properly carry out the duties of a (full-time or part-time) (title) of the Immigration and Refugee Board;
- (b) I will comply with the Code of Conduct for Members of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, as amended or replaced from time to time; and
- (c) I will not disclose or make known, unless authorized, any matter that comes to my knowledge because I am holding that office.
(In the case of an oath, add: So help me (Name of Deity).)
2. The Oath or Solemn Affirmation of Office Rules (Immigration and Refugee Board) (see footnote 1) are repealed.
COMING INTO FORCE
S.C. 2010, c.8
3. These Rules come into force on the day on which section 17 of the Balanced Refugee Reform Act comes into force, but if they are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
a S.C. 2001, c. 27