Vol. 148, No. 2 — January 11, 2014
NATIONAL ENERGY BOARD
APPLICATION TO EXPORT ELECTRICITY TO THE UNITED STATES
Freepoint Commodities LLC
By an application dated December 23, 2013, Freepoint Commodities LLC (the “Applicant”) has applied to the National Energy Board (the “Board”), under Division II of Part VI of the National Energy Board Act (the “Act”), for authorization to export up to 2 000 000 MWh of firm energy and up to 2 000 000 MWh of interruptible energy annually for a period of 10 years.
The Board wishes to obtain the views of interested parties on this application before issuing a permit or recommending to the Governor in Council that a public hearing be held. The directions on procedure that follow explain in detail the procedure that will be used.
- The Applicant shall deposit and keep on file, for public inspection during normal business hours, copies of the application at its offices located at 58 Commerce Road, Stamford, Connecticut 06902, United States, 203-542-6752 (telephone), firstname.lastname@example.org (email), and provide a copy of the application to any person who requests one. A copy of the application is also available for viewing during normal business hours in the Board’s library, at 444 Seventh Avenue SW, Room 1002, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0X8, or online at www.neb-one.gc.ca.
- Submissions that any party wishes to present shall be filed with the Secretary, National Energy Board, 444 Seventh Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0X8, 403-292-5503 (fax), and served on the Applicant by February 3, 2014.
- Pursuant to subsection 119.06(2) of the Act, the Board is interested in the views of submitters with respect to
- (a) the effect of the exportation of the electricity on provinces other than that from which the electricity is to be exported; and
- (b) whether the Applicant has
- (i) informed those who have declared an interest in buying electricity for consumption in Canada of the quantities and classes of service available for sale, and
- (ii) given an opportunity to purchase electricity on terms and conditions as favourable as the terms and conditions specified in the application to those who, within a reasonable time of being so informed, demonstrate an intention to buy electricity for consumption in Canada.
- Any answer to submissions that the Applicant wishes to present in response to items 2 and 3 of this notice of application and directions on procedure shall be filed with the Secretary of the Board and served on the party that filed the submission by February 18, 2014.
- For further information on the procedures governing the Board’s examination, contact the Secretary of the Board at 403-292-4800 (telephone) or 403-292-5503 (fax).