Vol. 151, No. 47 — November 25, 2017
ARCH INSURANCE CANADA LTD.
REDUCTION OF STATED CAPITAL
In accordance with subsection 79(5) of the Insurance Companies Act (Canada), notice is hereby given of the intention of Arch Insurance Canada Ltd. (the “Company”), having its head office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, to apply to the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (Canada) for approval to reduce the stated capital of the Company pursuant to a special resolution passed by the sole shareholder on November 17, 2017, which reads as follows:
“Resolved as a special resolution that:
Subject to the written or deemed approval of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (Canada) [the “Superintendent”],
- the Company hereby declares the stated capital account maintained for its common shares to be reduced by the sum of $20,000,000 for the purpose of paying a return of capital to the sole shareholder of its common shares;
- any one director or officer of the Company is hereby authorized and directed to pay such sum of $20,000,000 to the sole shareholder of the common shares in the capital of the Company as a return of capital;
- the stated capital account maintained for the common shares of the Company shall be adjusted to reflect such reduction;
- there are no reasonable grounds for believing that the Company is, or would after the reduction of the stated capital of its common shares by $20,000,000 be, in contravention of subsection 515(1), any regulation made under subsection 515(2), or any order made under subsection 515(3), all of which subsections deal with the Company maintaining adequate capital and adequate and appropriate forms of liquidity; and
- any one director or officer of the Company is authorized and directed to do all things and execute all instruments and documents necessary or desirable to carry out the foregoing including, without limitation, the publication in the Canada Gazette of a notice of intention to apply for approval to reduce the stated capital of the Company along with this special resolution and the making of an application for the approval of the Superintendent within three months after the time of the passing of this special resolution.”
November 17, 2017
Arch Insurance Canada Ltd.
By its solicitors Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
METROPOLITAN TOWER LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
APPLICATION FOR AN ORDER
Notice is hereby given that Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company, incorporated under the laws of the state of Delaware, intends to file with the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions, under section 574 of the Insurance Companies Act (Canada), on or after November 27, 2017, an application for an order approving the insuring in Canada of risks within the class of life insurance and accident and sickness insurance, limited to the business of reinsurance.
The applicant will carry on the business of insuring Canadian risks under the name “Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company” in English and “Société d’assurance-vie Metropolitan Tower” in French.
The head office of Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company is located in New York, New York, and its Canadian chief agency will be located in Montréal, Quebec. Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company operates within the MetLife group and is a wholly owned subsidiary of MetLife, Inc., which is based in New York, New York.
November 4, 2017
Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company