Vol. 148, No. 7 — March 26, 2014
SI/2014-23 March 26, 2014
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION ACT
Remission Order in Respect of Fees for the Replacement of Permanent Resident Cards (Alberta)
P.C. 2014-254 March 6, 2014
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, considering that it is in the public interest to do so, on the recommendation of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and the Treasury Board, pursuant to subsection 23(2.1) (see footnote a) of the Financial Administration Act (see footnote b), makes the annexed Remission Order in Respect of Fees for the Replacement of Permanent Resident Cards (Alberta).
REMISSION ORDER IN RESPECT OF FEES FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF PERMANENT RESIDENT CARDS (ALBERTA)
1. In this Order, “affected area” means an area in connection with which a declaration of a state of emergency was made under subsection 18(1) or 21(1) of the Emergency Management Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000, c. E-6.8 in response to the flooding that occurred on or after June 20, 2013.
2. Remission is granted to persons who meet the conditions set out in section 3 of the fees paid or payable under subsection 308(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations for processing an application for the replacement of a permanent resident card.
3. The remission is granted on the following conditions:
- (a) the person resided in an affected area on June 20, 2013; and
- (b) an application for the replacement of the permanent resident card is received in the period beginning on June 20, 2013 and ending on September 19, 2013.
N.B. The Explanatory Note for this Order appears following SI/2014-22, Remission Order in Respect of Fees for the Issuance of Passports, Certificates of Identity and Refugee Travel Documents (Alberta).