Vol. 148, No. 21 — October 8, 2014
SOR/2014-219 September 26, 2014
CHFTA Tariff Preference Regulations
P.C. 2014-981 September 25, 2014
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Finance, pursuant to subsection 16(2) (see footnote a) of the Customs Tariff (see footnote b), makes the annexed CHFTA Tariff Preference Regulations.
CHFTA TARIFF PREFERENCE REGULATIONS
1. In these Regulations, “originating” means qualifying as originating in the territory of a Party under the rules of origin set out in Chapter Four (Rules of Origin) of the Canada–Honduras Free Trade Agreement.
2. For the purposes of paragraph 24(1)(b) of the Customs Tariff, originating goods exported from Honduras are entitled to the benefit of the Honduras Tariff if
- (a) the goods are shipped to Canada without shipment through another country either
- (i) on a through bill of lading, or
- (ii) without a through bill of lading and the importer provides, when requested by an officer, documentary evidence that indicates the shipping route and all points of shipment and transhipment prior to the importation of the goods; or
- (b) the goods are shipped to Canada through another country and the importer provides, when requested by an officer,
- (i) documentary evidence that indicates the shipping route and all points of shipment and transhipment prior to the importation of the goods, and
- (ii) a copy of the customs control documents that establish that the goods remained under customs control while in that other country.
COMING INTO FORCE
3. These Regulations come into force on the day on which section 43 of the Canada–Honduras Economic Growth and Prosperity Act, chapter 14 of the Statutes of Canada, 2014, comes into force, but if these Regulations are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for these Regulations appears following SOR/2014-217, CHFTA Rules of Origin Regulations.