Vol. 148, No. 25 — December 3, 2014
SOR/2014-272 November 21, 2014
Regulations Amending the Fees in Respect of Mail Regulations
P.C. 2014-1275 November 20, 2014
Whereas the annexed Regulations give effect, in part, to a public announcement made on January 8, 2013, known as Customs Notice 13-003;
And whereas that notice provides that the changes proposed to the Fees in Respect of Mail Regulations (see footnote a) are to come into force on January 8, 2013;
Therefore, His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, pursuant to subsection 147.1(14) (see footnote b) and paragraph 167.1(b) (see footnote c) of the Customs Act (see footnote d), makes the annexed Regulations Amending the Fees in Respect of Mail Regulations.
REGULATIONS AMENDING THE FEES IN RESPECT OF MAIL REGULATIONS
1. The heading before section 2 of the Fees in Respect of Mail Regulations (see footnote 1) is replaced by the following:
2. Section 2 of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
2. In these Regulations, “commercial goods” means goods imported into Canada for sale or for any commercial, industrial, occupational, institutional or other similar use.
3. (1) Paragraph 4(c) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
- (c) commercial goods that have an estimated value for duty exceeding $2,500; or
(2) Paragraph 4(d) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
- (d) sent by an Express Mail Service (EMS) to Canada from a country that is a member of the Universal Postal Union.
COMING INTO FORCE
4. (1) These Regulations, except subsection 3(1), come into force on the day on which they are registered.
(2) Subsection 3(1) is deemed to have come into force on January 8, 2013.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for these Regulations appears following SOR/2014-271, Regulations Amending the Accounting for Imported Goods and Payment of Duties Regulations.