Vol. 148, No. 27 — December 31, 2014
SOR/2014-300 December 12, 2014
CKFTA Rules of Origin for Casual Goods Regulations
P.C. 2014-1455 December 12, 2014
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Finance, pursuant to subsection 16(2) (see footnote a) of the Customs Tariff (see footnote b), makes the annexed CKFTA Rules of Origin for Casual Goods Regulations.
CKFTA RULES OF ORIGIN FOR CASUAL GOODS REGULATIONS
1. In these Regulations, “casual goods” means goods other than goods imported for sale or for an industrial, occupational, commercial or institutional or other like use.
2. Casual goods that are acquired in Korea are considered to originate in that country and are entitled to the benefit of the Korea Tariff if
- (a) the marking of the goods is in accordance with the marking laws of Korea and indicates that the goods are the product of Korea or Canada; or
- (b) the goods do not bear a mark and nothing indicates that the goods are not the product of Korea or Canada.
COMING INTO FORCE
3. These Regulations come into force on the day on which section 47 of the Canada–Korea Economic Growth and Prosperity Act, chapter 28 of the Statutes of Canada, 2014, comes into force, but if they are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for these Regulations appears following SOR/2014-299, CKFTA Rules of Origin Regulations.