Vol. 149, No. 23 — November 18, 2015
SOR/2015-231 October 28, 2015
SEX OFFENDER INFORMATION REGISTRATION ACT
Regulations Amending the Saskatchewan Sex Offender Information Registration Regulations
The Lieutenant Governor in Council of Saskatchewan, on the recommendation of the Saskatchewan Minister of Justice and Attorney General, pursuant to subsection 18(1) (see footnote a) of the Sex Offender Information Registration Act (see footnote b), makes the attached Regulations Amending the Saskatchewan Sex Offender Information Registration Regulations.
REGULATIONS AMENDING THE SASKATCHEWAN SEX OFFENDER INFORMATION REGISTRATION REGULATIONS
1. Subsection 2(1) of the Saskatchewan Sex Offender Information Registration Regulations (see footnote 1) is replaced by the following:
2. (1) A sex offender whose main residence is located in the Province of Saskatchewan may make any report required under paragraph 4.1(1)(a) or (b) or section 4.3 of the Act by telephone.
2. Subsection 5(1) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
5. (1) The following places are designated as registration centres in the Province of Saskatchewan:
- (a) the Saskatchewan Sex Offender Central Registration Centre, administered by RCMP “F” Division and located at 6101 Dewdney Avenue, Regina;
- (b) each RCMP detachment;
- (c) the municipal police service office in
- (i) Estevan,
- (ii) Moose Jaw,
- (iii) Prince Albert,
- (iv) Regina,
- (v) Saskatoon, and
- (vi) Weyburn; and
- (d) each office of the File Hills First Nations Police Service.
3. The schedule to the Regulations is repealed.
COMING INTO FORCE
4. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
(This note is not part of the Regulations.)
These Regulations amend the Saskatchewan Sex Offender Information Registration Regulations by designating all Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) detachments in Saskatchewan as registration centres for the purposes of the Sex Offender Information Registration Act, updating a cross-reference to the Act in section 2, and repealing the schedule to the Regulations.